Intermediate First Aid Recertification (Red Cross)
Comprehensive one-day course offering first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) recertification. Requires a current and valid Standard First Aid Certification that is not expired. Course meets legislation requirements for provincial/territorial worker safety and insurance boards and includes the latest first aid and CPR guidelines.
- The Red Cross
- Preparing to respond
- The EMS system
- Check, Call, Care
- Airway emergencies
- Breathing and Circulation emergencies
- First aid for respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Wound care
- Head and spine injuries
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Sudden Medical Emergencies
- Environmental Emergencies
- Poisons (includes opioid poisoning)
Duration: Standard First Aid & CPR Recertification: 7.5 hours teaching time.
3-year certification in Standard First Aid, CPR Level A or C, and AED.
19 January 2024
8:30 am - 4:30 pm