Intermediate First Aid (Red Cross)
Comprehensive two-day course offering first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills for those who need training due to work requirements or who want more knowledge to respond to emergencies at home. Course meets legislation requirements for provincial/territorial worker safety and insurance boards and includes the latest first aid and CPR guidelines.
- The Red Cross
- Preparing to respond
- The EMS system
- Check, Call, Care
- Airway emergencies
- Breathing and Circulation emergencies
- First aid for respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Wound care
- Head and spine injuries
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Sudden Medical Emergencies
- Environmental Emergencies
- Poisons (includes opioid poisoning)
Duration: Intermediate First Aid & CPR: 13–14 hours teaching time.
3-year certification in Intermediate First Aid, CPR Level A or C, and AED.
19 December 2023 - 20 December 2023
8:30 am - 4:30 pm